Our Home and Yard at the Village

Some pictures of our home and yard that the Ambatovy project built for it's residents within the village.


 A view of our living room, taken from the kitchen.  The houses came fully furnished.  All we had to bring was our clothing, and buy our food.  I HAD to go shopping to personalize the house.  I'm almost done, but there's always a "few" items that someone is selling.
The covered deck outside.  We purchased the bamboo patio set for $100 cdn at the local market, called Bazar Bay (not quite sure of the spelling, but that's how you pronounce it).  On the other side is an open deck with a table and 6 chairs that was supplied with the house.  We're continually getting more plants and we want to plant some shrubs, trees, flowers that we can't plant at home. (just want to see how they grow)
 Our kitchen.  It's quite a large kitchen.  Beautiful wood table and chairs.  The table runner I picked up in Johannesburg, South Africa.  (I really like it).
 Our front entrance.  Flowers that were purchased on the roadside coming home from golf, and some at the local market.  These flowers open during the day and close at night, but look like a portchalaca.
We purchased granite rocks and made a border around the garden. (grey ones at the back)  Each rock cost 20 cents and they weigh between 25-30 lb.  Of course we did this when the temp was almost 40.  It was hot, humid and boy did we get a work out, we carried and placed 60 rocks.  We had to bring them from the front of the house to the back.  Are we crazy?
I planted a garden at the back.  Watermelon, onions, carrots, lettuce and hot peppers.  I couldn't find any other seeds.  I dried out the watermelon seeds, so we'll see if they grow.   I'm keeping my eye out for more seeds.  I may try drying out cucumber seeds, hmm, wonder who I can ask about cucumber seeds?
Notice the solar lights?  Brought them from Canada.  4 out of 5 broke, but still work not to bad.  There's only myself and Aggie who brought solar lights!  Too funny.  
Zacka and myself loaded these stepping stones from across the village.  They were brought in from somewhere else, but we can use as many as we like.  Wanted a path from our patio to the garden.  I have more ideas, and will keep you posted on the progress.

 Here's my garden.  You can barely see where things are planted.  I will take another picture shortly.  I've been told, that the seeds should sprout in about 5 days.  We'll see.  I'll keep you posted.
 This is on the side of the front of the house.   They just got them in, so Joan, myself and Joan's driver, MaHarry loaded them up and placed them.  A big thank you to Joan and MaHarry.
More blocks.  We placed a ring around all the trees in the front yard.  I have some ideas for the back, but that will have to be done next week.

We are treated very well here.

No comments:

Post a Comment