Critters of Madagascar

Critters of Madagascar
No animal/insect will kill you in Madagascar, but some will hurt you
( I guess that does elinimate the misquitos for Malaria)

Nile Crocodile

Hugh snail
Climbing up my chair to eat one of my beautiful plants
Frogs,  tons and tons of them
Lemurs or course!
Bamboo Lemur

Black and White Ruffled Lemur
Geese
Ring Tailed lemur
Posing for the camera
Denis and his buddies

Fossa, the only natural pedetor of the Lemur

Termites, can they do damage!
Turtles
Goats

Palm Crab (found on my driveway)

Snake that was wrapped around our hose.
It was about 4 feet long
Goats for market
Stick bug

Hedge Hog

This little guy was walking on the path

Chameleon

Zebu, lots of zebu

Spiders, big ones

These  can hurt you.  Nothing in Madagascar will kill you, but these centipedes will HURT you


This centipede I found in my garden laying it's egg full of babies.  There was hundreds of them.  The little white lines are the babies, and once exposed to the light and heat, they took off like lightening

Turtles

Not in Madagascar, we fond these in Maurisis

Sea urchant

Crabs on the beaches
Geokels, all colors
Beautiful red song birds

Some kind of bug I found outside.  Not sure what it is, but it was huge.  This picture doesn't do justice.

Some kind of worm

More pictures as they come...

No comments:

Post a Comment